I removed white painted trim around my bedroom window and replaced it with dark stained wood trim. I took the white trim out to my garage and cut wood pieces to match the sizes almost exactly (I increased the size of the ledge).
My closet had all white trim with white doors - I decided to make new barn style doors and matching trim.
I built a Coffee Mug Rack for Skye's Christmas gift. My sister Jenny said she liked it a lot so I built a second one for her birthday! This time, the openings were slightly larger to accommodate bigger mugs, and the stain darker.
This is the finish product with a mug I bought her from our favorite Sega game: Toe Jam and Earl.
Throughout my entire upstairs there are 2 solid wood beams that run across the ceiling that hold the roof up. In my bedroom a small section of one of the beams is visible. I used pine pieces stained dark to cover the beam to 1. make it slightly bigger and 2. make it look more rustic.
D'arcy has a friend at work that wanted name signs for her horse. Using my new laser engraver I etched some basic designs into pine and slapped on 3 coats of polyurethane.
I found some 4" (actually 3.5") wide thin tongue and groove panels from Lowe's that came with an insanely cheap price tag - 6x 8' panels for $15. I tore down some old 4'x8' painted wood paneling from my bedroom ceiling and installed these planks using 1" tack pins and Liquid Nails adhesive. I love the final result that next summer I'll be redoing my entire upstairs with these planks.