I repaired these chairs for my friend Lauren that had been broken by some of her roommates fat friends - these chairs can only hold so much weight. This is what the chairs looked like when she gave them to me. Luckily, the repair was simple enough because the seats themselves were just quarter inch plywood cut into a circle with roughly a 12" diameter.
I have been absolutely hooked on Overwatch for the past couple of weeks - I haven't had this much fun playing a PC game since StarCraft Brood War or Minecraft. I've been mostly playing on my iMac running Windows through bootcamp. While it worked, it could really only handle medium graphics setting at around 40 FPS. For a long time I've toyed with the idea of building a "rig" - a new PC specifically for gaming. Now that I finally have the game I want to play, that was all the justification I needed.
I built a new PC, and at the same time also made a new Overwatch themed desk for the PC to go in my room.
I made a Super Mario (from Super Mario 3, my favorite NES Mario game) out of stained oak cubes. I basically stole this idea from pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/pin/28429041373312165/?from_navigate=true
My cousin came over one day so we could build an entertainment center for his soon-to-be game room! He had a rough idea of what he wanted, so we made a simple plan and got to cutting. All in all this project took about ~30$ worth of materials and only a couple hours to build.
I originally built workbenches to hold my Miter saw, however I noticed it was getting painfully annoying to have to move things off of my bench just to make a few cuts, or cover everything I was working on currently with saw dust because the saw would kick it up everywhere.
So, I built a really simple work bench on wheels to hold the saw. Again, just like the original workbenches, I liked it so much I built a second one to just be able to freely roll around my garage for ad hoc projects.
I had some left over pieces of poplar from a project Brandon was working on, so I decided to cut out some triangles. After some messing around, I didn't like the green hue so I cut new pieces out of pine, and got some pine strips for the border, and dark stained plywood for the backing.